This is Nursing Open Path Online, 30 credits, for Bachelor of Health Care (Nursing)
Please, read this information carefully!
The Nursing Open Path Online is designed for you to give you an opportunity to get 30 credits in one academic year, and then have the chance to become a degree student.
The courses are conducted Finnish time.
Last date for application is August 7th 2022.
You apply through this webbshop.
A link for payment will be send to your e-mail address after application.
After we have received your payment you will be registered as an open student.
Unpaid course fee within a given time is counted as a withdrawal of registration.
After registration, applicants will receive a letter with confirmation and general information.
Novia reserves the right to limit the amount of students.
The courses offered for Nursing Open Path Online are:
- Introduction to Nursing Research, 3 ECTS
- Swedish OR Finnish Level A1, 3 ECTS (basic course)
- Anatomy and Physiology, 4 ECTS
- Clinical Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, 4 ECTS
- Health Promotion and Nutrition, 4 ECTS
- Drug therapy and Pharmacology 1, 3 ECTS
- Evidence Based Nursing, 5 ECTS
- Patient Safety and Service Design in Social and Health Care, 4 ECTS
We reserve the right to make any changes to the program
What happens after completed 30 ECTS?
Students that have completed 30 ECTS credits within the Nursing Open Path Online programme at Novia, can apply for degree studies in the joint application 2023 in a separate quota.
The Nursing programme offers 5 study places in the quota reserved for students that meet the following admission requirements:
1) all specified 30 ECTS are approved within the Open Path programme, not later than January 2023
2) have a mean grade of 2.5 on the grading scale 1-5
3) Eligibility for bachelor level studies.
Notice: the admission requirements may be subject to change, please see novia.fi/studyinfo.fi for accurate information.
As an open student you are not entitled to any social benefits - read more about general issues concerning open studies and Open Path studies here:
If you are in need of a future visa or residence permit to stay in Finland you should be aware of that Open Studies will not entitle a foreign citizen to get an entry visa or residence permit.
For further information, please visit the website of the Finnish Immigration Service, www.migri.fi