STRATEGIC BUSINESS COMMUNICATION AND SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS: A CROSS-CULTURAL (INDONESIA AND FINLAND) PERSPECTIVE
Students now have a unique opportunity to attend this online course that is designed in the framework of the project collaboration between Novia UAS and the Indonesian partner University of Lambung Mangkurat (ULM),called
“Digital Business and Entrepreneurship with a sustainability approach - learning through collaborations in a cross-cultural setting”.
Students need sufficient English level to be able to actively participate in discussions, as well as a computer, headset/camera and a stable internet connection for this course.
The objective of the course is to provide students with an understanding of basic theories and principles of businesses communication in modern international society.
The students will demonstrate competency by analyzing and practicing communication principles from a cross cultural perspective.
- Strategic corporate communication, Corporate Stakeholder Analysis and Communication
- IMC (Integrated Marketing Communication / MarkComm)
- Cross-cultural communication from the business perspective
- Sustainability in business - ESG policy & communication (environmental, social and governance)
Mode of delivery:
Activities will be fully online, with a weekly lecture and group discussions (Teams), weekly contact hours (possibility to discuss with the teachers), assignments and self-studies (Moodle).
* Lecture day TUESDAY (compulsory)
* Assignment support contact hour THURSDAY (Voluntary presence)
* Assignment deadline SUNDAY.
Due to time zone difference, the lectures are held in the morning in Finland and in the afternoon in Indonesia.
No lessons between 25 April – 8 May.
1. 19-24 April: Lecture 1 + assignment 1
2. 9-15 May: Lecture 2 + assignment 2
3. 16-22 May: Lecture 3 + assignment 3
4. 23-29 May: Lecture 4 + assignment 4
Contact hour on Wednesday this week (23-29 May) due to Ascension Day (holiday) on Thursday
5. 30 May-5 June: Final reflections (personal work)
Language of instruction:
Novia UAS and ULM students study for free as part of a project collaboration.
Fee for other Open UAS students 75€
For more info on fees : https://www.novia.fi/study-/continuing-education/
- Time for application: March 28 - April 8 2022
- Kick-Off Lecture: Tuesday 19 April 2022, 9.00-10.30 (FIN time) // 14.00-15.30 (IDN time)
Sufficient – Satisfactory (1-2)
Sufficient (1) and Satisfactory (2) Participating in the lessons, returned tasks.
Good – Very Good (3-4)
Good (3) and Very good (4) Active participating in the lessons, returned tasks with good outcomes.
Excellent (5) Very active participating in the lessons, returned tasks with excellent outcomes.
Students use this webbshop for application and every student use their e-mail address for own school when applying.
Contact: Johanna Tidström, email@example.com
If you have problems with registration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org