Second- and third-year nursing students and nursing personal
Aim with course:
The students will be able to:
- To enhance the knowledge and understanding on the science of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, SARS-CoV-2 including the infection period, the clinical presentation as well as the evidence on transmission and effective public health care intervention.
- To increase awareness on safety practices of caring personal for patients with SARS-CoV-2
- To discuss ethical dilemmas and moral resilience
- The nature and history of the development of SARS, MERS and SARS-CoV-2
- Diagnostic methods of SARS-CoV-2
- Risk factors and sever disease
- The transition and the infection period and
- Pulmonary infection
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and ventilation resources
- Epidemiological investigation and tracking
- Effective communication via reporting
- Ethical considerations on tracking, isolation and quarantine emphasizing privacy, confidentiality and autonomy
A list of good references will be send to students before course start.
The student will get information from teacher after last date of application, September 20th
Important times and date:
September 28th at 12.30-15.30 (3hrs)online lecture on Webex
- after this the students will have access to Moodle and more instructions.
Seminar: November 27th, from 9 am to 3 pm (6hrs) on webex
Criteria for evaluation of the exam:
Will be presented on Moodle.
Rika Levy-Malmberg, Rika.Levy-Malmberg@novia.fi