After having completed the course:
The student is able to
- understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at meeting specific needs.
- introduce him-/herself and others, as well as ask and answer questions about personal circumstances, such as living arrangements, friends, and possessions.
- interact with others in a simple way, provided that the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- speak, read and understand Swedish language.
- The course strives towards aiming the Basic User Level, A.1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Content of Course:
- Oral and some written exercises
- Swedish everyday vocabulary
- Reading and listening comprehensions
- Grammar/language structures
- Online lectures and practicing
- Online practicing (Moodle and the web)
- Teaching, especially instructions, partly in English
Date and time for guided online sessions
More information will be sent to accepted students by email after last date of application, April 26th
Oral exam, in group or individual, depending on number of participants (Maximum 30)
Online, June 8th and 9th
Re-exams in august.
Grades 1 – 5
All material is distributed by the teacher after start of course.
Teacher and contactperson:
Peter Björkroth, peter.bjorkroth (at) novia.fi