Second- and third-year nursing students and nursing personal
Aim with course:
The students will be able to:
- To enhance the knowledge and understanding on the science of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, SARS-CoV-2 including the infection period, the clinical presentation as well as the evidence on transmission and effective public health care intervention.
- To increase awareness on safety practices of caring personal for patients with SARS-CoV-2
- To discuss ethical dilemmas and moral resilience
- The nature and history of the development of SARS, MERS and SARS-CoV-2
- Diagnostic methods of SARS-CoV-2
- Risk factors and sever disease
- The transition and the infection period and
- Pulmonary infection
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and ventilation resources
- Epidemiological investigation and tracking
- Effective communication via reporting
- Ethical considerations on tracking, isolation and quarantine emphasizing privacy, confidentiality and autonomy
A list of good references will be send to students before course start.
The student will get information from teacher after last date of application, May 9th 2021.
Important times and date:
May 17th at 12.30-16.30 online lecture, Introduction to course and instruction for assignments (3), on Webex
- after this the students will have access to Moodle and more instructions.
Seminar: June 14th, from 10 am to 4 pm (6hrs) on webex
End of course, deadline for assignments, July 12th 2021.
Criteria for evaluation of the exam:
Will be presented on Moodle.
Rika Levy-Malmberg, Rika.Levy-Malmberg@novia.fi