Learn with Ann Slangar, the CEO and A&R for the music publishing company Sugar House Publishing Inc. with earlier experience from running a studio, record label and management. Ann recently received the Finnish Music Publishers Honors Music Export Award. https://musicfinland.com/en/news/sugar-house-publishing-ceo-ann-slangar-wins-music-publishers-export-award
Songwriters, Producers, Top-liners, Musicians and Music teachers and entrepreneurs who want to develop music business skills on an international level.
After the course student will have a deeper knowledge in music business and administration.
Mode of delivery
Online only using Microsoft Teams. You will be invited to Sugar House Publishing Inc. Teams organisation.
Zoom will be used for some guest interviews.
TEAMS Tech Check
Thursday 2021.11.4 between 17 – 19 EET (Finland), 3 pm – 5 pm GMT. During those hours, please log in to Sugar House Publishing Inc. (that you have setup earlier when invited) to see if everything works. If your time zone is difficult for this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check separately. All participants will receive further information by email.
Preliminary schedule (changes might occur later)
The course starts with an online start-up weekend Nov 6th – Nov 7th
- Saturday 2021.11.6 12.00 – 16.00 EET, 10 am – 2 pm GMT
- Sunday 2021.11.7 12.00 – 15.00 EET, 10 am – 1 pm GMT
INDIEWEEK CANADA ONLINE MUSIC CONGRESS 2021.11.9 – 2021.11.13 – FREE PASS FOR STUDENTS!
- Saturday 2021.11.13 12.00 – 15.00 EET, 10 am – 1 pm GMT
- Monday 2021.11.15 19.00-20.00EET, 5pm-6pm GMT Let´s Talk! Interview
DARRYL HURS, Director of Market Development,
CD BABY Canada, https://cdbaby.com/
INDIWEEK Canada Owner, CEO
- Sunday 2021.11.21 12.00 – 15.00 EET, 10 am – 1 pm GMT
- Monday 2021.11.22 19.00 – 20.00 EET, 5 pm – 6 pm GMT
MANDY AUBRY, Director of Business development
SONGTRUST- International copyright administration
- Saturday 2021.11.27 12.00 – 15.00 EET, 10 am – 1 pm GMT
- Monday 2021.11.29 19.00 – 20.00 EET, 5 pm – 6 pm GMT Let’s Talk! Interview
APPU KRISHNAN, CEO, producer LOUD BOY MUSIC (LA)
- Saturday 2021.12.04 12.00 – 14.00 EET, 10 am – 12 pm GMT
13.30 - 14.00 EET, 11.30 am - 12 pm GMT Let´s Talk! Interview
HERMAN HAGNÄS – GUNS ROSOR
@gunsrosorofficial • Instagram photos and videos, https://www.instagram.com/gunsrosorofficial/
- Saturday 2021.12.11 12.00 – 14.00 EET, 10 am – 12 pm GMT
Subjects of course (in no specific order)
- How to run a music business as a company
- Metadata and DSP’s, aggregators
- Songwriting copyright and rights organisations
- Master copyright and rights organisations
- Role of a Music Publisher – do I need one?
- International situations, agreements and splits
You will be Approved or Failed.
To be approval you need to be active participate, complete tasks in this course and you will have to do studies and some individual tasks on your own as well. We will not do any group assignments.
Ann Slangar, CEO of Sugar House Publishing based in Vaasa, Finland.