Applicants with a background in the bioeconomy or environmental
sectors are prioritized if the number of applicants is greater than 40.
After the course, student will be able to
- find, handle and convert raster data
- produce and analyse raster data
- visualize raster data in 2D and 3D
- combine raster and vector data in analyses
- document GIS analyses in graphical form
- explain how data produced by satellites, airplanes and drones is
produced and utilized in GIS
Access to a computer where QGIS is, or can be installed, is necessary.
Mode of delivery
Analysis and visualization of different kinds of mainly raster data with a
number of examples from bioeconomy and society in general.
Real time, about one hour long lectures will be given one to twice a week,
after which there is time reserved for questions and discussion.
The web platform used is WebEx.
Lectures are recorded on video and can be
Students get a home assignment every week to do until next week.
Main software used: QGIS 3.22 (freeware for Win, Mac and Linux).
The course and each home assignments are graded on a scale
Passed/Not yet Passed.
All assignments need to be passed for the whole
course to be passed
Romi Rancken, email@example.com